This week is Thanksgiving, a National American Holiday. and it’s time to share your traditions, thoughts, and knowledge about Thanksgiving.
Please write 150 words or more about Thanksgiving on any of the topics below. Images would be great to add to your blog and give more visual appeal. Remember, that people from other countries will be reading, so educate them about a National American Holiday.
- Research and share historical information about the First Thanksgiving and the meaning behind American’s celebrating Thanksgiving. Make sure you share your resources and links. (Feel free to use this resource http://www.history.com/topics/thanksgiving/history-of-thanksgiving)
- Describe your family’s traditions for Thanksgiving. What do you do during the Thanksgiving holidays? What do you eat for the main meal? Do you do any activities? Is there a tradition that has to happen every Thanksgiving? Is there something you look forward to during the Thanksgiving celebration or holiday?
- Share who or what you are thankful for this year. Who do you cherish? What are you grateful for? Hopefully you can share this blog post with those special people in your life; it’s always nice to tell someone they MATTER to you.
- Share some Thanksgiving movies, commercials, etc. What do they focus on? What’s their point? What do you like about these Thanksgiving movies, commercials, songs, etc.?
- Educate the public on some misconceptions about Thanksgiving. What have you been taught about the holiday that may or may not be factual? Why might some people not want to celebrate this holiday?
- Do you have any favorite recipes for Thanksgiving? Share some recipes of your favorite meals, side-dishes, desserts, etc. Giving directions to how to prepare these delicious foods along with their tasty pictures might persuade others to want to add these to their Thanksgiving meal this year.
- Analyze some Post-Thanksgiving activities. Some people watch sports, like football. Others peruse flyers to get ready for their Black Friday sales. What are some Post-Thanksgiving activities or traditions that you like and/ or dislike. Please explain in detail.