I’m excited about our blogging journey. My name is Maggie Maslowski and I’m an English teacher at Joliet West High School in Illinois. Hopefully my students and I can share some of our amazing learning and collaborating throughout this school year. Here’s a few facts about me:
- I’m Polish-American….born in Poland, immigrated to the U.S.A. when I was a young child. Yes, I still speak Polish. And, I’m teaching my own children to be bilingual as well.
- I have two amazing sons: Patrick is 7 and Andrew is 5. They are adorable and funny.
- I have been married since 2006; I love sharing with my students that my husband started out being my best friend and he was my Prom Date. Yes, we are high school sweethearts.
- I taught junior high for a few years before coming to Joliet West back in 2007. I love teaching and I continue to learn with the students as well as from my students.
- I LOVE professional development, especially ICE and DeICE conferences, edcamps, playdates, and SAMRI trainings. It’s exciting to hear about all the genius teaching happening all over the world; and I love collaborating and learning from the best of the best in education. Twitter has opened up my world professionally as well personally to become a better educator and to continue making a difference.
- I hope 2016 is full of genius, engagement, motivation, creation, and so much more!